Monday, June 24, 2013

Dare You To - Katie McGarry Book Review






Release Date: 7th June, 2013

Publisher: Mira Ink

Pages: 352pgs

The Story

Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does . . .

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all . . .
 
 
My Review
 

As much as I loved Katie McGarry's debut novel Pushing The Limits, I have to say that Dare You To is now my favourite.

 Katie McGarry has certainly written a wonderful sequel - This Ya contemporary shows us many aspects of being a teen. Katie certainly grasps the teenage voice well within this story.

We meet Beth and Ryan in this instalment, they meet upon a Dare and life changes for them both.

 

Katie has put forth all the emotions well within this story, we see sexual tension, volcanic chemistry that is just off the charts,  we have strong characters with flaws but also a  well-developed storyline with tons of depth and detail.

The book is written in dual perspectives from both characters. I enjoyed seeing this,  it gave us depth into the characters and the storyline, and we see so many emotional sides you feel as though you are within the story itself.

I immensely enjoyed both the characters Beth and Ryan.

Beth was rough and unsure of how love is supposed to go but upon Meeting Ryan she finds out more than she ever bargained for and the story shows her growth with Ryan her feelings and herself along the way.

Ryan – well ** swoon ** what can I say – he is Beth’s ideal equal.  He is certainly not at all what he seems, but certainly is caring in his own ways. But amongst the read I found Ryan did everything I could have wanted and certainly didn’t always expect.

Dare To you, gives us all the emotions one could feel in a story. It’s a roller coaster ride filled with heartache, love, friendship and new beginnings.

A wonderful Ya contemporary romance that will have your heart aching but also fluttering. Loved this instalment and can’t wait for the next already!
I  would definitely recommend this book to all , since I found this one was even better than the first book in the series .. Ryan I loved ..... <3  Grab your copy today
 
 
Big thank you To Harlequin for suppyling me with this book for review for my honest opinion.
 
 
 

 

 

 

 


 

No comments: